Using feedback from the previous running app and the developers' help with user-testing we found the following:
Personal brainstorming on my own with post-its to get a quick idea of the journeys and the changes we need to be proceeding with.
As we saw before, the changes that we needed were our whole "Registration" and "Sign-in" journeys. Here we stumbled upon some challenges. We wanted to reduce the steps to enter the app with a non-password system by using deep links while keeping the account secure.
The best and quickest way to do that was by opting in What'sApp and creating account connection. This way we have the opportunity to use What'sApp and reduce the On-boarding time as well.
Collaborative brainstorming for the details. Using Lucidchart.
We decided to solve the non-password security issue with limited-time deep-links. This is how our back-end will work, in order to check if we have a returning or new user.
Next there was a series of collaborative brainstorming sessions to clarify the in-depth decisions and updates on our main in-app functions.
A must-do step on my design process is sketching. This way, I can quickly get a clear image of what the screens are going to look like and sort out all the details without messing up any current files.
After sketching a few scenarios and deciding upon the improvements, I jumped on Balsamiq to create the wireframes.
Creating a userflow to communicate the idea with the developers.
I presented all my work to the stake holders, the UI Designer and developers. At this stage, it was important to collaborate closely Paula, the UI Designer to make sure we are doing the right thing. Before moving forward we had to all approve for the next steps together.
As the main business plan is based on the CMS, I was asked to keep the rest of my work confidential. Here is what I am allowed to show.
According to user testing from the developers, the previous version for the CMS was complicated to use and previous users had trouble with:
The wireframe of the main dashboard.
Designing components, UI fields and animations suggestion. The prototype:
On a very close co-operation with my client Duncan Elliot, CFO/CTO of TIPPS LTD, I designed and developed the business website using Webflow.
Due to the budget and the business requirements, we:
See TIPPS LTD
To design this, I did some competitor research, tested various templates and did some reading on building successful business websites.